Our employees are the heart of our restaurant operation. Amigos/Kings Classic relies on our workers to make sure every customer's dining experience is a positive one. Our employees learn a variety of jobs within the restaurant and every shift is a team effort. Here are some of the positions at our stores:
Register Operator/ Customer Service
- Greets customers, answers menu-related questions, and rings up orders.
- Delivers food to the customers and makes sure the order is complete.
- Keeps dining room clean by wiping tables, picking up trash, and spot cleaning.
- Makes sure customers get a mint and personal, friendly service.
- Wears headset and takes customer orders in the drive-thru.
- Requires good eye contact, excellent communication and coordination skills, accuracy, the ability to handle multiple tasks, the ability to count back change, and the ability to do suggestive selling.
- Follows recipes to prepare menu items such as salsas, sauces, guacamole, refritos, etc.
- Responsible for frying the necessary amount of items to last certain shifts for the day (i.e. taco shells, salad shells, cripsos).
- Must understand food safety guidelines and follow proper sanitation and temperature procedures.
- Prepares the food as it is ordered in a timely manner according to our company menu item specifications.
- Must monitor that all foods are maintained and served at the proper temperatures.
- Fries menu items as ordered and tracks holding times of those fried items.
- Requires a detailed and accurate knowledge of ingredient portions, preparation, and wrapping specifications, as well as good coordination, good listening skills, speed, and attention to safety.
- Should be proficient at all of the employee kitchen positions.
- Must have the ability to manage the employees smoothly.
- Must be a good decision maker.
- Should be proficient at all of the employee kitchen positions and would be scheduled to manage shifts.
- Ability to demonstrate good decision-making skills as well as taking ownership for store cleanliness and crew morale.
- Requires at least one year of experience as an Assistant Manager.
- Generally work 50-55 hours a week in a varied schedule.
- Manages shifts.
- Should understand all aspects of store management including paperwork, limited scheduling, inventory, ordering, food costs, and labor percentages.
- Responsible for understanding and set examples of good sanitation practices.
- Takes leadership in maintaining a clean, safe environment.
- Leader of the store's crew and responsible for the hourly and daily operations of the store assuring that good-tasting, high quality food is served in a timely fashion according to company standards.
- Requires at least one year of intense management training and show proficiency in all areas of work in the store.
- Generally work 50-55 hours per week.
Duties may include all or some of the following:
Interviewing, training, hiring, conducting paycheck conferences, giving reviews, crew motivation, scheduling, inventory control, monitoring labor and food costs, evaluating and maintaining store cleanliness, monitoring equipment and fixtures for necessary repair, creating a clean and safe environment for the customers and crew.